Why the PEOPLE in Mining, SHOULD matter to you!
This blog title 'Mining People Matters' is a cute play on words… Consequently I’ve fielded every wisecrack under the sun, the best usually some variation of: “Ah, so you mine people – very clever!” ' Well… not really. TO be clear, our job IS to help you explore for the best fitting people and so I guess we ARE ‘people miners’, of a fashion. Whether you believe these nuances are overly cute, or even infantile, by being purposely vague and open to interpretation they have done their job well by drawing attention to our beliefs being;
- The PEOPLE in Mining DO MATTER and
- PEOPLE issues, in mining, MATTER.
- Principal Mining companies
- Mining Service companies
- Consulting, Law and Accounting firms
- Recruitment and Search businesses and
- Others broadly interested in personal development in an employee/employer setting.
- Distinguish the unique cultures of big miners v small ones and explorers vs producers.
- Compare ore bodies to auto production factories:
- The ore body rules – everything – including the types of people you should employ.
- Senior operational managers as entrepreneurs.. and considering all of this…
- The best things mining CEO’s and boards can do...